Building is a complex industry and the construction company doesn’t always carry out the necessary work. Outsourcing happens for a variety of reasons; specialist equipment might be required, or the project timeline dictates that extra teams of workers are brought in, and here are just a few aspects of construction that builders outsource.
- Heavy Lifting – While most building materials are hoisted up to the required level, there are occasions when a heavy object has to be lifted into place. It might be a water tank or generator, and with the best crane hire in Perth WA, a solution is never far away. A mobile crane would be the ideal solution for a single heavy lift, and the crane hire firm would have a team of very experienced operators who really know their stuff.
- Ground Excavation & Foundation Work – Most builders will have an alliance with a groundworks company, who carry out all of their below-ground work, ensuring that the foundations are ready for the above-ground build. Heavy machinery is used to dig out the foundations and the earth is removed from the site using large trucks. The taller the structure, the deeper the foundations, and there is a lot of steel rebar and concrete used to provide a solid platform for the building.
- Scaffolding – Absolutely essential, of course, and the builder would not waste his time on this, rather he would use a local scaffolding contractor. Timing is everything with scaffolding, so the contractor needs to be reliable and have the framework up and ready to use at the agreed time.
- Ready Mixed Concrete – Developments in the ready-mixed concrete industry has made it very easy to have quality ready-mix delivered to the site and pumped into the area, and with long pipes, the delivery truck can force the product into any location, eliminating the need for wheelbarrows and labourers.
- Site Security – Of course, there is very valuable machinery, tools and materials contained within a building site, and outside of working hours, the site needs to be monitored at all times. A large development would have 24-hour manned guards, as there would be deliveries at all times, and with CCTV covering the perimeters, the site would be secure.
- Drainage – If there is considerable drainage work required, the main contractor would call in an established drainage company and they would handle all the below ground work to provide adequate drainage.
- Surveying – The land must be surveyed even before the planning stage, to find out what is under the ground, plus the area needs to be surveyed and the proposed structure. Surveying land and buildings is highly skilled and the builder would not be qualified and would not have the specialist laser equipment needed.
The construction industry works hand in hand with many other industries to be able to build quickly and safely, and should you require any of the above services, they can easily be located with an online search. From surveying to heavy lifting, the specialists are ready to keep your development on track, and they are all insured in case of accident.